20210815 Qld Broadwater Camping Reserve

20210815 Here we are once again at one of our favorite camps just before Nanango, the Broadwater Camping Reserve at Sandy Ridges has a fresh water creek that's in need of some rain to flush her out but the water is surprisingly very clear, although we often get a strong stagnant smell if the breeze is blowing our way, which soon passes.  There is an abundance of birds, and wild ducks that keep amused as the paddle up and down scavenging for a feed and this time we even got to see a couple of the elegant Black Swans swimming by, then I got a laugh when Des nearly crapped himself after he herd a noise and turned to see a goanna run up a tree.

Arr, the serenity when camping in the bush.

Des doing what he doe's best, cleaning of cause.

We finally got to have a camp over stew and me being the master camp cook sets the work in motion, Des recons I over cooked the pumpkin, it's turned to mush, GO AWAY😒,I said. OMG, just as I thought, I make the best camp stew ever, just ask Mr. Negative who had two plates, don't tell the expert how to cook a stew.

Not only do I make a mean strew, I also know how to get a decent fire going. I saw this done at Lara Wetland only there's was much larger, but not a bad effort, my chimney.

The reflection of the moon on the water.

We have been searching for the Saucepan since we first left Brisbane and so far still cannot find it, someone told us it's in Israel, do you think maybe, they were having a dig at us.

So here he is once again surrounded by his girls.

The creek water is very clear and never dry we were told.

How special are we after getting a visit from these elegant ladies.


Each day Des stands outside watching his girls pass by heading for a feed, he recons there on there way for a meeting with the Comanchero, yes I know, he's lost it.

Our trip in a nut shell, we have travelled to 78 towns and done 6,341.7km, I must say our trip to Boulia through to Winton is by far one of the most isolated yet prettiest part of our channel country I have had the privlileg of seeing. Someone description of the country out here is, there's miles of nothing, yet there's everything, so true.

My Brother The Criminal
It was about 1969, a mate of mine was doing up his car with hid father but they had a fight so his dad wouldn’t let him take the car, so we decided to steal it. His dad was a truck driver and had the truck parked behind his car in the way, after some thought we decided to take the side fence down and pushed it thought the next doors driveway. It was about 1 in the morning and a cop who was helping move a house stopped us, l was the dumbass driver and the cop asked what my name was, I didn’t want to give him my real name so I said Bobby Groff, how do you spell that he asked and my reply was, fucked if I know I have trouble spelling my real name, well! he laughed and laughed and walked back to his car
 still laughing.  I could see him telling his mate who was sitting in his car who also started laughing.  l didn’t have a license and l was about 15 years old or so but the funny thing about it was, he just wanted to tell me l had a light out, why didn’t I pick a name l could bloody spell, like Fred Smith. 😅😆

Until Our Next Adventure

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20150809 WA Moora, New Norcia, Bindoon

20190825 Qld Charleville Rock Pool

20210421 NSW Standing Stones to Tenterfield