20210727 Qld Darr River Longreach

20210727 After leaving Winton we go in search of a new camp when I remembered a spot in the bush on the Darr River just before Longreach.  There was a few vans scatted through out the camp grounds but we found a spot on the river and next to Ken, a camper we meet. Once set up we searched the grounds and collected enough wood for a bon fire, as we do. 

Ken, our neighbour makes his own walking sticks so this is Des trying it out but he looks more like he's dancing the two step.

Every afternoon this crew would meet on the edge of the river with their rods hopping for a fish to jump on there line but I think the real reason was an excuse to have a beer.

Our camp on the Darr River for the next few day.

The Darr River, a great place to unwind, have a coldie and sit around a fire with fellow campers laughing at the many yarns to be told.

Des and Cheryl lurking in the bush, well he's not fishing that much I'm sure of.

20210728 We wake to a lovey sunny winter's day as we watch Ken go by checking his rod for a yellow belly and he did catch a feed. Ken spotted some Brolgas down further in the bush so I grabbed my camera and went in search but just my luck they hay flown the coop.

What have you caught Ken, that would be some shrimp for his fishing line.

Each night we gathered around the fire telling our travel yarns and laugh the night away.
Bob from across the river had us in laughter with his tales of cleaning up every camp he stayed at keeping all the cans and bottles to cashed in at the towns he drove through. Tom and Cheryl from across the road stopped in for a beer and Ken didn't drink but he loved a good laugh and hearing rude jokes, then there was Des and I, well me who's laugh could be herd across the river.

This is me being a bitch by taken a selfie while camping to rub it into my brother Shane, who lives in Sydney and has been in lockdown for christ only know how long.
CHEERS BROTHER
🍷🍷🍷
My partner in crime Ken and I, we shared many laughs and some good old jokes.

Well that was a blast, great people, many belly laughs, lots of drinks to enhance a good night sleep.

CHEERS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20150809 WA Moora, New Norcia, Bindoon

20190825 Qld Charleville Rock Pool

20210421 NSW Standing Stones to Tenterfield