20210419 NSW Inverell to Glen Innes

20210419 Back to Inverell for supplies before heading to Glen Innes, with our food restocked we head off chugging along when not far out of Inverell we spotted a Rest Stop under the Swan Brook Bridge, gee that looked as though their could be yabbies in that creek Des, then after a couple of minutes it must have got to him because he did a u-turn and headed back, bugger there's no reception but that's fine as I have my jigsaw to entertain me.

Once we set up Des is quick to get his pots and in they go, now to sit back and wait to see if the yabbies take the bate.

Swanbrook Rest Area is just off the Gwydir Highway at the half way point between Inverell and Glenn Innes and I must say for a rest area it's actually very nice, it has a lovely running creek, heaps of birds and I even got to see a turtle swimming by.

This little Ren kept me entertained as I managed a few photos while he was hopping from branch to branch.

With the sun setting Des heads out to checks his pot and I grab my camera to capture the sun setting under the bridge.

20210420 We had a pleasant stay and Des was a happy chappy catching some yabbies to freeze's for his omelettes before we head to Glen Innes.

A fly by photo as we pass the lush green scenery of the cattle grazing on the land.

Putting along I noticed a lookout and hoping it was of the Wind Farm we turned in and begin our steep walk up the hill. We didn't get a quarter of the way when Des said, bugger this I'm going back, that could be a mile up their, but I manage a couple of shoots with a great view of the windmills without that steep climb which, by the way was only 400 metres.  The Waterloo Range is about 150m above the surrounding valleys to an elevation of approximately 1150m. The site extends over around 8.5km of the range, covering 2550ha.

The Glen Innes countryside is bursting with rich red and orange trees lining the highways and streets and as pretty as they are, man they make a mess.

The artwork 'Blue Hills' is an abstract, painted steel construction composed of 52 hand-cut, long, curved strips of steel and accompanied bridging elements.

All refreshed after a shower at the local truck stop we go in search of the newly renovated Railway Tavern to check out their meals and with my favorite (crumbed chops) on the menu we settled in for a long wait.

With full bellies I google Stonehenge in Glen Innes and set the directions in google maps and bugger me dead it took us 10ks back to the town of Stonehenge, so with a few choose words exchanged we drove back and camped 8ks out of town at Beardy Waters Heritage Park.

Well we didn't get to see the real Celtic Rocks so this will have to do, all I need is a big gust of wind and, "SPLAT" goes Des, I'm kidden.😈

The camp sits on the Beardy River so once again Des tries for some yabbies but at 2 degrees outside in the morning he decides to bring the pots home, personally I think he's got a few screws loose, it's freezing.

My gardener, Marilyn, looks after my garden and sent me this photo of one of my plants, I can't beleave how much it's grown.
Love, Love, Love It

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20150809 WA Moora, New Norcia, Bindoon

20190825 Qld Charleville Rock Pool

20210421 NSW Standing Stones to Tenterfield