20190524 Qld Lara Wetlands

20190524 OMG, I can’t believe it, Des has decided to go into Lara Wetlands to stay with our dear friend Jodie, and trust me that’s big for Des as it’s 13ks of red bull dust, but we were told it was just grated and there have been over a hundred vans through who said the dirt road was smoother then some of the roads they drove on. Our first visit at Lara Station was August 2012 when Michelle was still with us, those times will for ever be implanted in our memories, I remember having tear in my eyes as we waved farewell from our moving van. A lot has changed since then but now it’s time to make new memories with I’m sure, new friends.
As we pull into Lara we noticed Jodie mowing as she looks up with a big grin on her face, surprise, surprise, after a hug and hallow we're given a few choices where to camp then leave her to complete her job.

Jo introduced us to Bec and Peter who live at Lara in their Van helping out at the Station and in the afternoon their meet around the fire pit for end of the day drinks. The other guy is Gertie a real character from Germany.






25-05-2019 After breaky Des takes off with the boys doing chores while Jo and I take off on the quad bike checking out the improvements to the camp grounds.  Jo friend, Woodsy from Maleny was staying and helping her out and as it turner out we knew him from out times visiting Julie and Steve, but he was leaving the next day so we put on a fest to say goodbye. After circling the camp ground and inviting Jo's regulars and collecting bits and pieces I returned home to cut up and prepare the camp stew. 

With the help of the cheeky Gertie we set to work, lets add some flavour and drop our teeth in the stew Gertie, just kidding.
Well it looks like someone enjoyed the fest, this is what you call a camp oven mummy tummy, now that's one happy Mumma but truthfully I think we all felt the same.
The caretakers, Janice and Lynn with their empty plates and full bellies, but they have a long way to catch up to our Bec.
Stan the man with Kev and Jodie, now that look like a happy full belly smile, wouldn't you say, or more to the point, a very cheeky happy belly smile.
With the fest done and dusted it time to get down to some serious drinking, let the party begin.
Yes I know, I hate cats, but this one is special, this cat belonged to Michael and it's 17 years old and for a cat she wasn't half bad.
Arr, how sweet, or could it be something I put in their drink or something else, I would never ๐Ÿ˜
As Woodsy is leaving to return to Maleny early tomorrow morning I take some lasting photos with Jo his mate.
Farewell Woodsy.
I'm not sure what's going on here but they both look like there up to no good, or Des has been spinning some of his yarns again.
But I did here they were working on a roof while Des held the ladder when Kev said to Des, can you put that up there as he towered over him and they both cracked up laughing as Kev said, ok I'll get it.๐Ÿ˜…
I have no idea what's so funny but it gets better.
I think there something in that little black bag that's making us giggle.
It's after midnight so I'm guessing someone's got the munchies.
Now that's not nice Des, poking your tongue at Ross.














This was our 2nd night at Lara and all we've done so far is eat and giggle the night away and god knows what time we went to bed but I do remember Bec and Pete sneaking off just after 11, yes I'm watching you pair. My last photo was of Des poking his tongue at Ross at 12.15am and I not sure but it could of been the night Jodie walked me to the van and we got the giggles as I fall into the van.

Stay tuned for the next chapter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20150809 WA Moora, New Norcia, Bindoon

20190825 Qld Charleville Rock Pool

20210421 NSW Standing Stones to Tenterfield