20160330 Tas St Helens to Bay of Fire

20160330 Stopping at St Helens the largest town on the north-east coast of Tasmania and it is known as the fishing capital of Tassie.  We stock then head to the laundry mat, what a brilliant idea a laundry mat attached to a café and the meals a quite reasonable but I settled for a coffee while Des roamed the town.  We left for the Bay of Fires and camped at Swimcart Beach with many camp spots scatted all along the beach shore.

OMG the sun is shining, there’s no clouds and the wind has dropped and I can finally soak up some sun in the beautiful Bay of Fires while enjoying a nice cold beer.
Our camp on the edge of the ocean and it free, free, Queensland needs to smarting up with camping that’s for sure.
I walked along the beach which stretches over 50 ks and it has been named the hottest travel destination in the world and is regarded as one of the most beautiful places in Australia.
As I turned each bend on the beach it brought me closer to a unique rock formation hugging the coast line.
I set up the time for a snap shoot shown the red in the rocks, Ge! I blended in with the colours I thought.
The rocks are relatively easy to climb but there are some creepy spots.
I’m a real rock freak I just love to climb them.
It’s also a great fishing spot and this weekend is a big fishing comp and the place will be packed and as Des isn’t into fishing we will leave.
Sunset on Bay of Fires, just beautiful.













02-04-2016 I don’t won’t to leave this is way too nice and the weather has been perfect but I guess we must so we head back to St Helens to check out the seafood and another load of washing.

The seafood in Tassie is very expensive & this Giant Tassie Crab is no exception.  At over a $100 a kilo this one is worth around $900, and most of them are sent to Sydney and mostly the Chinese buy them, now why does that not surprise me.





Another one Down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20150809 WA Moora, New Norcia, Bindoon

20190825 Qld Charleville Rock Pool

20210421 NSW Standing Stones to Tenterfield