20160328 Tas Diana's Basin- St Helens

20160328 Driving through St Mary's then onto Lagoon’s Beach campgrounds only it didn’t appeal to us, so we left to check out Falmouth mainly because of the name before settling into a great camp at Diane’s Basin on the edge on an inlet and the bonus is we are the only one’s here.

As I’m the fire bug I go in search of wood and returned to strike the fire and settled in for a night full of piss and laughter.
We sat outside around the fire watching the sun go down over the lake and got merrily pissed while laughing at whatever came out of our mouths.










29-03-2016 After a funny late night we didn’t show our heads till after 10am, still feeling a bit fuzzy from all the alcohol we consumed.

Des recovering from our big night, he reckons it was around 2pm when we went to bed and he’s certainly feeling the after affects, the big sook.










We need to walk off the hang over so off we go in search of some more wood, a chain saw would be good, which we have but because it has to be emptied when coming across the Spirit of Tassie dear old Des hasn’t brought any fuel for it, Da!, just buy some.

Ha, Des I was just told you can catch fish in here, so being the fisherman he is, NOT! he got his fishing rod out.  I was in fits of laughter just watching him get prepared, it goes like this:









1st There’s no latch to hold the door up, swearing and cursing
2nd I held the door so he could get the lines out which were all tangled, more swearing and cursing.
3rd Untangling the lines with me trying to help while peeing myself laughing.
4th Gets hook in finger, how can this possibly be enjoyable, still peeing myself laughing.
5th Finally throws the line in and sits there complaining, I cannot see how anyone thinks this is fun.
6th After 5 minutes he throws bate away.
7th Now the Dilemma of putting the rods away, well! I gotta tell ya I had tears of laughter through the complete saga.

He starts out looking all keen and professional.
After a few minutes he bored, fishing just isn’t his forte.
Me need food, catch me fish or me club ya, me club you anyway.
Then he marks his territory as he does at every camp spot.
With our music blasting Des spins me many old yarns as we laugh the night away.
Boogaloo Des gets into it, you go Des.














Gee! what can I say, we had a great couple of days and an even more fabulous couple of night and so far not even a fight, I know, it’s hard to believe.

Desie Fishing Adventure

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20190825 Qld Charleville Rock Pool

20150809 WA Moora, New Norcia, Bindoon

20210421 NSW Standing Stones to Tenterfield