20150825 WA Donnybrook

20150825  We stopped at Donnybrook for a hot shower which was $6 each but the young lad only charged Des for one but then we decided to stay the night, I love having power as we get to use the heater more freely.


In the town stands this very cool playground and my immediate thought was how much Ashford and Hamish my grandsons would love to play in there, ge, I even wanted to go in it looked so cool.





This wreck stands at the front of the police station as a reminder to slow down but in this one the airbags didn’t disperse and we think it may have been because it hit a tree from the side, well theirs nothing else to take photos of in this town.







26-08-2015  We thought it might be worth a trip to check out Ironstone Gully Falls only 18 ks out of Donnybrook and in the bush, bonus we can have a camp fire, I just LOVE my fires.  Once we arrived I immediately went in search of some wood and stacked up our pile ready for a fire.

Sitting outside having a few drink and it's getting cold, stuff this I'm lighting the fire, man do I know how to light a good fire. With the fire now roaring I can sit back and enjoy a wine and the warmth of my lovely fire.


Iron Gully Falls was reserved for the Capel River settlers in 1903 for their use as a recreation area and I'm sure when the river is running it would be a great summing hole.










In my spare time, which I have plenty of, I strolled through the wood picking some wild flowers for my picnic table at lunch, they are such pretty wild flowers.


We did a camp oven roast for dinner lighting the fire early to get the embers glowing but it just didn't work as good as last night, did you shovel out the old coals from last night Des, no I didn't think I had to, well I think you should have, don't touch my fires in future.  The roast was tough once again and the vegies were not roasted like we imagine them to be, one day we might get it right, it's all in the fire I'm sure.

27-08-2015  We were woken with rain on the roof so at about 4pm we were up and packing everything away and moved the van to higher ground concerned we might get bogged.

Des returns to our camp site checking the grounds for left behind items, I nearly left my tin behind, sacrilege.











Unfortunately our stay was cut short due to the rain and I was looking forward to camping up for a few days, bloody rain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20190825 Qld Charleville Rock Pool

20150809 WA Moora, New Norcia, Bindoon

20210421 NSW Standing Stones to Tenterfield