20150724 WA Coral Bay to Point Quobba

20150724  Coral Bay only had a population of 1,100, it is one of the smallest towns in Australia, and is rated the third most popular region in Western Australia with overseas tourists, we were also told to live there you need to have a job.

Unfortunately for us it was over cast and drizzling which takes away the real appeal of this beautiful part of the coast line.










Some guys turned up to clean there fish when this one caught my eye, now I could be wrong but I think he told me it was a Cobia.










25-07-2015  Point Quobba: I have to say this is a beach with a different twist, certainly not what you would expect to find on a coast line. This part of the coast line so far is so untouched by modern man and hidden away from the world, if only it could stay like this for ever. Point Quobba was one of the highlights of this trip, the variation of the turquoise water is just breathtaking.
You can’t imagine the amazement when we looked out to sea and saw whales  frolicking while passing by and I didn’t have my zoom lens on me, bugger.  As we were leaving I said to some new arrivals, “you just missed the whales going by” ge thanks for that bit of info one guy said, ya I know I’m a bitch aren’t I, as we all laugh.


Everyone's camera’s changed directions and the focus went from the blowhole to the whales.
I returned the next day with my zoom lens with the hope of seeing more whales and they didn’t disappoint they kept on swimming past all day, I couldn’t believe our luck.






Each day I would walk the beach looking for that special shell when this little guy scrambled out of his hole with his claws ready to take me on, it’s ok I just want a photo of you.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Blowhole 
A powerful jet of water is forced with enormous pressure through the holes in the rocks sometimes to a height of 30 metres or more.







A very impressive rugged coast line.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We camped next to one of the many huts which we thought were all abandoned only when the sexy ranger with the dreadlocks turned up he told us they are actually
owned and pay rates. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 This is one of a few deserted caravans which line the beach and should be removed but unfortunately the council have planes to remove all of the huts and build new one.
In other words they are going to stuff the area.
 
 
 
 



27-07-2015  Our last day and again it is sad to leave especially since the winds have dropped and the weather is hot so I make the most of my day and walk the beach looking for that special shell as I go.
 
 I came upon some crazy ladies on quad bikes having a few wines when they spotted this water snake stranded on the beach.  One of them was filling her wine glass with sea water to try to hydrate the snake, they even went as far as putting up a beach umbrella to protect it from the sun, they have got to be pissed.  I saw them later and they managed to return it to the water where it happily swam off.
 
 
 
 We sat on the beach taking in the view while enjoying a cold beer for the last time.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20190825 Qld Charleville Rock Pool

20150809 WA Moora, New Norcia, Bindoon

20210421 NSW Standing Stones to Tenterfield