20141007 Qld Eidsvold to Ban Ban Springs

20141007 Ceratodus Rest Area at Eidsvold we know this rest area from old trips, we camped next to a picnic table and claimed it as ours for the next couple of days.  The days are getting hotter, but we had a lovely breeze coming through, so we sat around our table reading and snoozing.  Relaxing away when a lady came out of nowhere and started chatting, Marlene was her name, she was 71 years and travels on her own in a little Van, a bit of a hippy she is but I’m sure she was checking us out to feel safe.  Fires are aloud and as we have been dying to have a camp oven, we pulled out a roast we brought weeks ago. My brother Shane told us to put a small amount of water in the bottom for the meat how do we do the veggies when a camper who joined us for drinks started to advise me, don’t go anywhere I said as I got out the veggies and did what he said, just leave them hole and through them in with the meat, how easy was that.  The meat was cooked to perfection, as for the veggies they were nice but instead of roasted, they were steamed, we will get it right one day.  We had a late night sitting around the fire drinking and talking with our visitor about Des and me travelling before our time as most of the people we meet are in there 70's and are in bed by seven every night, and here we were still up at midnight with our music blaring and laughing.


20141008 Des decided to try for some yabbies in the creek below more for something to do so off we waddled checking for snakes as we went, only because we have seen three on the roads so far, but as usual there still not biting. After holding the hose for Des yesterday while he had a cold shower, “man did he sook it” I decided to do the same so I put on my togs on, connected the hose and had a cold shower, I don’t know what his problem was it was so refreshing even Marlene put her head under to cool down then Des did the same while hiding in the amenities.  Cool!a younger couple just pulled in so we joined them for a couple of drinks and a chat before returning to the fire to cook our Breville’s while waiting for the Blood Moon total Lunar Eclipse and just our luck the clouds start to roll in.  Marlene Joined us around the fire waiting for the Eclipse, there it goes but I don't know about the Blood Red.

Blood Moon total Lunar Eclipse
2014 1009After travelling only 105k’s we camp up at another old spot, Ban Ban Spring Rest Area for the night with nothing to do or see only a shop across the road and the occasional truck.  No wonder I’m getting fat all we do is laze around reading and drinking there is just nothing to do in these places and the only place to walk is along the main road.


The fresh water spring is a haven for the wild life in the area.
Those campers get a spring and I get the ugly toilets, just my luck.










I wonder what there doing I said to Des as they back one truck up to the other, I've never seen that before.  The truckies were transferring the cattle for one truck to the other, very cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20190825 Qld Charleville Rock Pool

20150809 WA Moora, New Norcia, Bindoon

20210421 NSW Standing Stones to Tenterfield