20141003 Qld Duaringa, Dululu to Jambin

20141003 Parked up at Duaringa Rest Area for a quite night with no alcohol then we meet some people who invited us over for a drink, there goes my not drinking tonight so we joined them along with half the park.  We had some good chats and picked up on some ideas both good and bad.  Des asked if anyone has problems with their fridge when turned over to battery while driving along as ours doesn’t stay very cold.  Leave the gas on all the time said one guy, what, while you’re travelling along, isn’t that illegal said Des if you had an accident, you could lose your insurance, how would they know he said.

A lovely rest area if it wasn't for the coal trains running all bloody night.


 







One of the native birds in the area and he was always on his own.












04-10-2014    After a sleepless night we decided to move on but before leaving one of our drinking companions from last night  said to Des, I wouldn't listen to him no one I know ever leaves the gas on while travelling along, as if Des would.  Parked up at the Dululu Rest Area we strolled over to the Hotel for lunch and when it came out we had a pink fit.  It’s a shame to see the Dululu Hotel in such a state the old pub is in bad need of repair and a clean-up, it wouldn't hurt if the publicans had a bit of motivation behind them. 

These couple of jokes that tickled my fancy on the wall at the Dululu Hotel.



 My husband, being unhappy with my mood swings, brought me a mood ring the other day so he would be able to monitor my moods

We've discovered that when I'm in a good mood, it turns green.
When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a big red mark on his fucking forehead.
Maybe next time he'll buy me a diamond.


You won’t be able to eat all that I said, I realised after I said it, off cause he will Des wouldn't waste food and sure enough he finished his and some of mine, he’s such a pig.

Although the steaks were large their put no effort into the salad and when asked what gravy we would like, I said what do you have and she said just grave, well I don’t have any choice do I.  I think she was trying to be funny.















05-10-2014 We did intend to stay and watch the grand finals against the Rabbitohs and Bulldogs but after reading some reviews on the Jambin Hotel we decided chance it.  We parked at the back of the hotel and Des went for a beer while I read before walking across the road to watch the Equestrian.


Bummer it's nearly over only the kids left to compete that's what I get for being lazy.
Camped up behind the Jambin Hotel for the night, we walk out the pub door and fall into bed, what more could you ask for and it's free.










The game starts at 6.15pm and he publican Sue and Peter put on $3 drinks till the first try and $5 stake burgers, I bet your hoping they score at the beginning of the game and not the end I said to Sue with a big grin on our face.
Photos: What an exciting game the pub was full of cheers and yahoo’s r along with the sad faces on the Bulldogs supports and boy did Peter give it to them, “F__king sooks” he would say and laughter echoed through the pub, he made our night.


Ha! Pete must be drinks on the house after 43 years, with a row of laughter through the bar.
















After the big win of 30 to 6 out came the shoots, god even Des had one and for the life of me we can’t remember what it was but we remember it was bloody nice I think it was similar to a Jagermeister.  We partied on till late into the night yarning to the locals and getting more wasted, if that was possible but we had a great night.



His daughter lined up the nips and down 
the hatch they went, not free though.

















Peter the publican with his welsh barmaid.

I just had to get a photo of this guy and his T-shirt, the dirty old man.










Go the Rabbitohs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20190825 Qld Charleville Rock Pool

20150809 WA Moora, New Norcia, Bindoon

20210421 NSW Standing Stones to Tenterfield