20140812 NSW Warialda, Yelarbon, Inglewood to Millmerran

20140812 After walking Warialda which didn't take long, I didn't even take any photos, we brought some of my favorite chops then went back 2 km to park at a rest area for the night.  I must admit sometimes I wish we had an off-road camper as we were told of a camp called Cranky Rock and after I Google it, I got onto someone's blog and read their reviews and as it turned out the road was 3ks of rough corrugated and potholes. 

 It would have been a great camp spot.

13-08-2014 Were back in sunny Queensland stopping at Goondwindi for a few supplies then onto Yelarbon.  We didn't need to walk this town there is really not much here but like most towns there is always a pub.  No cooking tonight I let the Chef have the night off so we went to the pub for dinner.  O my god I wish I would have taken a photo of our dinner Des got rissoles and veg's and I ordered crumbed chops with salad and mash and I couldn't eat mine but Des being Des scoffed all of his down then couldn't sleep all night due to being soo blotted.  Country pubs you can't bet them.


 There was camping facilities at the show ground for $15 for a powered site with hot showers and a great outside fire to use at your desire.


 The Historical Railway Station which is now put to good use as the amenities for wearer travelers.

Check out the old Plough I have never seen one this large before.



I have no idea what these other old bits are but I think one is a butter turner.

14-08-2014  As we had power we could have the heater on all night and finally had a great night sleep.  Des was up early to put the washing on so I did some spring cleaning then walked the Lagoon and took my usual boring photos then after our washing was dry we left for Inglewood where we camped our last visit to this town.


Large fines for camping on the lagoon.

There's lots of Pelican's roaming
this weir, no wonder no one can catch any fish.






15 & 16-08-2014  We tried our hand at fishing but after three throws I lost my lure to a snag well theirs $14 down the drain.  We mostly read and talked to campers, then that night the campers were invited to share a fire over a few drinks and we all exchange travel tips followed by many laughs, it was a great night.

I no I'm such a bitch but I couldn't resist taking the photo of Des (the Leprechaun) counting his money.















17-08-2014  After a sleepless night worrying about the storm and getting stuck or bogged only to wake to a lovely sunny day so we packed up and left for Inglewood 15 ks down the road, I remember the last time we were here I rode my pushbike to town,only it looks much longer driving in the van.  We collected some supplies to headed to Millmerran for a well needed shower, three days is far to long not to shower.  We arrived at the showgrounds, I collected my shower bag and was gone, arr how wonderful is a hot shower.  We had planed on going to the Weir the next day but found out after the rain it would be boggy, so now the question is what to do, maybe we will head straight to the Leyburn Races.  


We decided to stay at Millmerran show grounds at $20 a night which Des told the caretaker (Jim) was too much, I have to make a living some way was his reply and they both laughed.
Jim turned out to be a bit of a character and ended up conning Des to help him with some chores, yes! take him I said get him out of my hair.  After the chores were completed Jim drove Des out to his son’s property then around the town for some site seeing before returning home.  


You’re not a bad worker how about giving me your mobile and when my wife and I go on holidays you can free camp and look after the grounds for me, sure said Des I’d love to.
It looks like Jim's doing all the work to me while Des is chatting to a couple of traveler's.

Jim told us the story of this mural in memory of his Grandfather from the 1900 depicting the early days of transporting water to the towns people using a horse drawn cart but said he was disappointed because the cart was much different to the photo he had given them.


 I ran out of the van when I herd the cattle being herded out of the showgrounds, it's such a great sight.
Yep even holding up the traffic on there way to there new destination.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20190825 Qld Charleville Rock Pool

20150809 WA Moora, New Norcia, Bindoon

20210421 NSW Standing Stones to Tenterfield