20120626 Qld Babinda Boulders

20120626 Arriving at Babinda to another shitty day we camped up at Bilyana Rest Area a walking distance to the Boulders.

 
Babinda a quaint town set amongst two of Queensland’s highest Mountains, Mount Bartle Frere and Mount Bellenden Ker. Babinda is said to take its name from the local Indigenous Australian language for mountain, other source, however, claim it is a word for water, referring to the high rainfall of the area.



 The rain eased in the afternoon, so I walked to the creek and meet a local summing, that looks refreshing I said, yes, I swim here every afternoon, and what a great spot it was. I felt the water and it was quit warm, I was tempted to go for my togs and have a swim myself, but I was hopeful the sun will shine tomorrow.


 The local told me of another track to check out so I tucked my camera under my shirt (from the rain) and explored the track.







26-06-2012  Yep we woke to another wet day with no swimming, stuff it lets get out our gum boots and go for a walk. 



Couldn't help but laugh at Des in his gum boots, he reckons he looks like a dick, he’s so vain, every time I tried to take a photo he ducked in behind the scrub to hide his boots, but I caught him anyway.
 The Boulders, an appropriate title describing a series of huge spheroidal outcrop of granite strewn along the Bibinda Creek amongst voloumes of sparking, cascading cool, clear mountain waters.

The creek is enveloped by the contrasting delicate infrastructure of the North Queensland lush tropical jungle.








27-06-2012  Wet again ,we lazed around, I went for a walk late in the afternoon when I finally spotted my first Cassowary as I was walking along the path to the lookouts, I soon backed up and tryed to snap a few shoots in the dark without a flash, not very good but at least I got proof  I saw it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20190825 Qld Charleville Rock Pool

20150809 WA Moora, New Norcia, Bindoon

20210421 NSW Standing Stones to Tenterfield