20111201 Qld Dawson River

20111201 We stopped at Rolleston Des like to check out the pubs in some towns even though he can't drink so I do it for him. We had a quick stroll through the town which didn't take long at all took some photos & on our way again this time on to Dawson River just before Moura.





We arrived in Moura looked around tried to by a wine glass as I broke mine & couldn't find one anywhere, I even asked the pub if they might sell me one but had no luck so looks like I have to drink out of a normal glass.  Another boring town so we went back 6ks & camped in a park on the river, what a great spot.  



Because we played up the night before we had a quite night & were in bed by 9.00pm.

This was such a great location we ended up staying 2 days, I even got Des in the river for a swim even thow he recons the water was freezing which it wasn't.  We had a great day lazing around swimming & reading my book but I think Des is starved for some male company.
He tried to talk to a guy camped not far from us & offered to come back latter for a drink with him only to be told his friends had left that day & he wanted to be left on their own then we herd them partying that night, Des said he was a bit of an old grouch.

Me swimming in the Dawson River

 He eventually found a guy here & there to chat with then a car turned up with a couple of young girls who stopped for a drink a smoke & let their kids have a run around before there long trip home. We had a great chat & they invited us back to stay on there property, Des was kicking his self that we didn't go. One of the girls Sam had a very cute little boy nearly
1 year with big blue eyes even Des took to him. He was crawled around the ground picking up sticks & charcoal & of cause trying to eat it, he was such a happy & contented baby he reminded me of Ash. We didn't want them to leave we were having such a great time with them. After they left we really hit the piss got the music out danced I fell over & grazed my elbow & knee but I didn't break my glass, Des was still laughing 2 day later.


Des being a Dick theirs a drilled-out hole in the rock.



Sunset on the Dawson River

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20190825 Qld Charleville Rock Pool

20150809 WA Moora, New Norcia, Bindoon

20210421 NSW Standing Stones to Tenterfield